Wednesday, May 13, 2009

Another task off the list



When work ended today I grabbed Molly and her tie-out and headed over to the barn with a paint brush and a can of red stain to finish the bottom third of the barn.

Done.

Molly, however, unwilling to just lay down, got herself liberally covered with stain. Thank goodness it was latex. She has received her first bath and is a blonde dog once again. She doesn't like it much, but she was pretty good, with no tendency to nip. I'm sure that will make Nancy happy, as I plan on getting her baths at The Grooming Room now and then.

However she became absolutely psycho with happiness once it was over. I finally took her out to the tall grass where she had to make huge leaps to make progress, in order to wear her out. I'm not sure I succeeded, but her brain seems to have engaged again, at least.

So "paint barn" is off the list. "Scrape and paint fence" is next!

No comments: