Saturday, October 17, 2009

Speaking of the demon of fate. It...

...pisses me off.

So, my PO Box expired, and I went in and paid for it, and the Post Office person and I joked around while the transaction went through. Three weeks later, friends are telling me their mail is still coming back to them. Grrrrrrr.... OK, it's just a mistake. Back I go to the Post Office!

Two weeks ago I took back my library books, which involves a trip to Ithaca. Today I get an auto-dialer call telling me I have overdue items.

I do NOT like it when I have done something and I have to do it again! I especially do not like it when I have been busting my butt to get my life in order.

So I take three deep breaths and tell myself I need to pick up mail anyway, and I have to feed the cats in Ithaca, so hey, "no big deal." Except I know the library will be a pain, because the only answer a library knows is "We don't have it, so you pay for it," unless you can find the book on the shelves and set it in front of them.

I think it's time to go boogie with a kitten. Maybe some Michelle Shocked, turned up really loud? And more coffee.

No comments: