Saturday, March 14, 2009

Spring cleaning; spring errands.

Having a sick cat sort of changed my priorities this week, and my "make a list and follow it faithfully" plan went by the wayside. This weekend I'm playing catchup, and with the warm weather and bright sun, it enjoyable rather than a chore. I'll keep a running list today:

Got up, washed my head, threw on clothes, and zipped over to Waverly with a Kuranda bed and a big stuffed dog for the pancake breakfast (and Kuranda bed drive). Debra was already there and the place was filling up quickly.

I then realized I'd forgotten my wallet.
Drove home; got wallet.
Picked up Pretty Girl's mom and had a wonderful breakfast.
Zipped home and took care of the cats.
Roared to Ithaca and just made it to the Cornell vet pharmacy to fill a prescription.
Stopped at Treeforms and bought some old fashioned stick candy.
Drove leisurely to fellow cat-fixer Susan's house (yes, another Susan).
Helped her get a stubborn cat into a carrier so she could return him to his home.
Susan offered cat food. Loaded up nine big bags and other goodies. YAY!
Stopped at Verizon to reactivate Mark's old cellphone, as mine died.
(Yes, friends, this means I have yet another cell phone number)
Fed the Fast Food Ferals
Stopped at Home Depot for glue and white duct tape.
Came to a screeching halt at Eddydale. PANSIES!!!!! Bought a whole flat.
Arrived home.
Opened windows. The cats love me now.
Turned on the outside water.
Fed cats.
Dumped cat boxes.
Washed cat boxes.
Mopped the kitchen.
Mopped cat box room floor.
Loaded dishwasher, and washed pots and pans.
Dumped the ashes and cleaned the woodstove.
Spent about an hour staining the outside of the barn.
Sat on the porch in the sun with Bear and tall glass of ice water.
Gave my roses one last sniff, hung them up to dry, and washed the vase.
Cranked the stereo in the great room.
Bleached the Brita pitcher.
Filled water containers for hauling water out the cat facility.
Filled the bird feeders. The chickadees thank me.
Got out the Goo Gone and went at the old bumpersticker marks on the truck's tailgate
Cleaned the truck, put on the magnetic signs, and covered the rust holes with white duct tape. (Duct tape. The non-mechanic's Bondo!)
Emptied and washed the UPSTAIRS cat boxes
Went up to the garden and assessed the fences with Bear.
Hauled bags of cat litter down to the cans by the barn.
Took the Christmas garland off the weathervane and the Christmas wreath off the neck of the Frankengoose.
Hauled wood inside.
Fed the fish
Dumped and washed one cat box in the cat facility.
Hauled the cat food out of the truck into the cat facility. Gave cats some wonderful Science Diet kibble. Cleaned the downstairs cages. Arthur (the new male cat) is a hoot!
(7:30 pm and it's finally getting dark. I'm loving the time change!)
Drove to Spencer to get some groceries and gas.
Went out and took care of the upstairs cats.
Remembered to put the flat of pansies in the barn so they won't freeze tonight.
Petted Faith (Hope's mom), and got a headbutt! Whoo hoo! Faith is tame!
Unpacked the groceries
Lit all the candles in the house
Called mom and made tacos while talking to her. I know, rude as hell.
Shared the rest of the shredded chedder with the cats.
Built a fire.
Picked up the uneaten bits of shredded cheddar cheese
Unloaded the dishwasher
Hand washed the dinner dishes
Dumped all the cat water bowls and refilled them.
Found a canning jar for my old fashioned stick candy.
Looked for the phone message I took from Linda last night. Can't find it. &*%##&!!!
Started a load of laundry
Wrote out a card and family stuff for Linda. Called, got vm.
Put on my "I'm getting old" glasses and fixed a chip in a bowl
Cleaned the bathroom while the tea is steeping.
Fussed over Cricket.
Tea and newspaper.
Nap.....
(Post note, "Nap" became "bed"....)






To be continued. There's no reason for anyone to read this post. I'm just writing it for my own sense of accomplishment.

2 comments:

Kristina Strain said...

Da-amn... What a magnificently productive day! You've inspired me to keep an eye out for pansies this week. Fingers crossed.

Nancy Cusumano said...

wow that is SOME list! I should be so productive, as I sit here at 9:15am in my pj's...