Sunday, January 11, 2009

One chore leads to another...

And if you want the rewards, you gotta do the chores. I got up this morning and, of course, would like a cup of coffee and to read the Sunday paper. But the fire has died down. To build the fire, I need to empty ashes, but the ash bucket is full. To dump the ashes, I need to shovel, because it's a waste to throw ashes on top of 4" of snow (I already shoveled the previous 4" last night). So I shoveled, dispersed ashes on my slippery walk and driveway, cleaned the fireplace into the ash bucket, built a fire, and Ah! now have my coffee and paper.

But the cartoon section was missing this week. :( Oh well, there are worse things in life.

1 comment:

Nancy Cusumano said...

I am in the same boat. I always need to do three or four things before I can get to the thing I really want to do. Especially when you are doing all the chores yourself! Guess I am kind of used to it now....