Sunday, May 30, 2010

Memorial Day



I was driving into Ithaca to feed the cats today, and I slowed down to look over the improvements at Nichols Park in Spencer. While I was idling, I noticed the memorial could use a weeding and some more mulch. I'm woefully under-involved with the Spencer community, so I stopped by Home Depot and picked up a couple of bags of cedar mulch. I spent a very nice hour in a very beautiful park, weeding, mulching, and chatting with the woman who runs the hot dog stand on the sidewalk.

She gave me a free root beer. :)

Here's wishing you a Memorial Day of sunshine and good friends, and please take a moment to attend your local service if you can. It will only take a few moments of your day, and there's no better way to say "thank you" to your local veterans.

4 comments:

Chrissykat said...

What a beautiful, inspiring thing you did today. People like you renew my faith in humankind...

I hope you enjoy the rest of the holiday weekend. Hope Ditz is improving.

Anonymous said...

Your thoughtfulness is greatly appreciated. The volunteers with the Nichols Park Pond Project always get a boost of morale when others value the park and give of themselves to benefit our very special community.

Thank you from all of us!

Wildrun said...

It was fun, and pretty easy. The park is looking beautiful. I can't wait until it is completely finished!

marvel said...

I ran across your websites randomly, but you seem like an amazing person. I hope that positively comes back to you ten fold. You presence in this world is much appreciated and loved.