Tuesday, September 8, 2009

Happy Labor Day...now get back to work



Yeah, I know it's a fuzzy photo, but I was too lazy to take more.

Fart and Hiccup were adopted today, leaving little Burp alone with the teenagers, and he doesn't seem too intimidated, as long as there is a door between them!

With Henry adopted as well, that's three kittens off to new homes this week.

You can see the pink carpet in the photo. Donna and Tim had old carpet come their way and I put some of it down in the walk-in room to see if I could tolerate carpet in that area. The floor near the bow window is like ice in the winter. But carpet and cats? Not to mention a little dog who isn't absolutely perfect with her house training? No way did I want to spend money on carpet, only to regret it later.

However, the cats were happy as clams once that carpet was down. I even found them sound asleep on it a few times. Apparently they have no sense of interior decorating and didn't notice how badly the bright yellow walls went with pink carpet. Ditzy obliged by throwing up on it three times to give me a nice "real world" experience.

So off I went, and after some serious sticker shock, purchased a really beautiful copper brown carpet for the walk-in room (but not the hall way) and the fireplace room. It won't be wall to wall in both rooms, and I'll be installing it myself (no way could I afford the $2000 I was quoted at two places to have two rooms entirely professionally carpeted). But it will be clean and neat, and it should tie the two rooms together. Especially once the screen door is down and stowed in the barn again after kitten season!

No comments: