Saturday, November 15, 2008

Tackling the den

I received a call that my Very Cheap Twin Bed had arrived, so I reluctantly tackled the den today. I attempted to ban marital ghosts by turning it into a kitten foster room for a few weeks (complete with screen door). But kittens and wine didn't quite take care of the pangs when I found (and discarded) the map of California from our honeymoon, and small belongings of his which I tossed into the Great Big Box that I keep for stuff of his I find. I've hired a father/son business to come move the desk and a dresser out to the barn tomorrow, and haul away metal, and I've posted the couch on Craigslist.

I've already taken down his art, wrapped it in plastic, and stored it for him. But even mine makes me antsy. Mostly wildlife prints. So I went shopping for posters on Art.com, looking for COLOR, COLOR, COLOR!





I really, really did not aim to have cats on the wall. In fact, I typed "nature" into the search box. But you know how cats kind of creep in when you least expect them...

I think anyone who knows that room will agree that is going to--ummm---really change the tenor of the place.

I believe my sister Linda will like the top print. I don't know why. For some reason it will make me think of her. The second one is a bit symbolic, I think.

And then there's this one:



That one made me laugh out loud.

There are no prints of cats in the great room (now painted deep gold). Barn landscapes and birds rule there. So I think I can get away with one room of cat prints.

No comments: