Thursday, November 13, 2008

Examining Frugality

MSNBC has an interesting article on pet owners skipping well-pet visits due to the economy.

Are you buying less?

I have altered my buying habits somewhat, more out of concern that things may get worse in the future, rather than costs at the moment. The high price of gas was strangling me for awhile. I've set quite a few food products back on the shelves when I've seen how prices on them have risen. I'm back to making homemade soup, as well.

I am serious about putting in a good solid garden next spring, and investing in my chimneys and fireplace inserts so the house stays warm. I plan to do my taxes early this year, so as not to get walloped by an unexpected tax bill in spring when things are tight. I am not buying a new truck. However, I haven't yet decided which of the old trucks to keep: My Fixacat truck (10 years old, 160K), or buy out Mark's Ebu truck (11 years old, 130K).

I have two cats who simply must have dentals: Espie and Fluffy. Those aren't optional. I need a dental myself. I'll bet there are blog readers who have holes in their own teeth they are ignoring, as well.

I am closing off the upstairs, once the kittens and Espie are placed in homes. I don't see the point in heating all that space. I picked up a cheap twin bed for the den and it will become my bedroom. I'll have to convince Norma to move down with the rest of the cats. I'm wondering how well that will go over with her?

We'll see!

No comments: