Thursday, November 13, 2008

Bored, bored, bored!

The housecat clan is bored stiff. They have submitted a formal petition demanding I address the lack of excitement in the household. It also articulates their perturbation over the addition of foster cats and kittens to the House, when there is a perfectly good Cat Facility only 150' feet away meant to act as shelter for feline strangers-in-need.



Bored, bored, bored! They would like the paperwork stacked in the great room to be dealt with so they can have their ottoman back. They would like me to have Company so perhaps there might once again be attractive niblets they might beg for from unsuspecting visitors. They included a collective sneer over the pasta and Hot Pockets I have been ingesting lately.

They would like to know why I don't at least pick up the laser-pointer once a night so they can pretend to kill the little techno-intruder and get a bit of exercise. And what's up with that bird feeder I promised I would move to the great-room-side-of-the-house so they would have something to watch when I am traveling?

I noticed Norma the little upstairs feral was no longer sleeping in her bed by the window. I dismissed this for a day, and finally, suspicious, went over to check her bed. Sure enough, someone had peed on it.

Ignore our petition, lady, and we'll find a louder way to send a message!

All right, I'm listening. Step one is to create a blog just for personal stuff, separate from the Wildrun blog, so the people who are interested in cat rescue can read Wildrun, and my family and friends who don't mind being subjected to the day-to-day mundaneness that is my life can read Feral By Nature. It's time to be fair to both my lives.

Step two is to deal with the paperwork on the Ottoman, so Cricket can have her favorite spot back.

And, yes, I bought bird seed and will move the bird feeder tomorrow, or even today if I get home when there is still daylight.

Funny how everything that would make the cats happy would make me happy as well.

No comments: