Sunday, July 5, 2009

I don't know why I'm not blogging



It has been an odd spring---now summer. While rainy, the weather has been kind. I don't like 80-90s type temperatures, so this long period of 70s weather has been blissful to me. It means the cats aren't sweltering in the cat facility, and the dog can go with me in the truck on cloudy days.

Life comes and goes. A catbird just stopped on the porch with a beak full of moths to feed her young. I feel no particular sorrow for them--just pleasure at seeing the catbird so closely. But then this particular moth arrives injured, spending his last days on my table, paralyzing me with the decision of whether or not to mercy-kill such a beautiful and large creature. It's not like squashing a fly spinning on the floor. Beauty and sadness together.



I've fallen into a rut of just listening to whatever is on the radio. This weekend I forced myself to choose some music rather than letting the top-40 spoon feed my audio to me. Supertramp is wailing from the other room, and earlier the Indigo Girls helped rouse me from this stupor I seem to be in.

When I'm uncertain about what's going on in my life, I've discovered that moving furniture is rather like having a cup of tea with a quarter-shot of whiskey. It's not really medicine, but it makes you feel better. I moved things around in my bedroom. I also ran across a maple table for $25 at a neighbor's garage table that goes well with my antique chairs. I scratched the hell out of the floor dragging it in the house, but I'm repainting the floor, so no regrets.

The round blonde table can go upstairs. For some reason I just can't do paperwork on a round table. Go figure.



The lawn was very nearly out of control because I was traveling for work last weekend. I managed to hack it into submission this weekend.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Rutters of the Blogsphere, UNITE!

I feel ya, I'm in a rut myself. I used to have so much to say, and now I'm lucky to break four posts a month.

Maybe we need to make a pact to blog more and spur each other with a sharp stick if we slow up. :D

Sadly it's not something you can rush, the more I try to blog the more it slips through my fingers.

And tell us, what happened to the moth? He was a beauty, that is heartbreaking.

Wildrun said...

The moth was gone in the morning. I'm 100% sure he could not fly, so I'm thinking he became an appetizer for the raccoon that visits my porch each night. Poor thing. I suppose that's more merciful than languishing, but still.

Fiona Kathleen Hogan said...

OOooo.. I understand The Rut!

Still, blogging should be fun and for yourself.
*wry grin*

If it's a pain, I put it on the backburner for a while..... and then come back to it whenever my heart and soul say OK! On with the motley! (Pretty much like Felyne)