Sunday, June 17, 2012

The wonders of Facebook

My high school friend, Beth, posted a true blast from the past on her Facebook page...a genuine award certificate from the Bouquet Lunch Club, which was our lunch table in high school. Rest assured, we were not budding gardeners. "Bouquet" was used quite differently than the common usage, and just mentioning the soap "Cashmere Bouquet" set us off into at least five minutes of high-school variety laughter.

I only re-connected with my friends with the advent of Facebook, and I've been able to get together with them a few times. They are still as good, crazy, and hilarious as ever, despite everything life has thrown at us all.

Not all of my friends are still with us to celebrate these memories, but things like this let me remember them while laughing, which I would think would be how they might want to be remembered.

Click the photo to enlarge it, Mom, there are names there you will know!

No comments: