Sunday, April 4, 2010

Spring.

Come the first warm day of spring when I have a few free hours, what is the first task to be done?

Start preparing for next winter.



I stacked the "green" wood I had delivered last fall, now that the dry wood in that particular stack has all been burned. In a month or so I'll order three more cords, and I'll be set for next year. The pile was covering daffodils that were desperate to come up.



Other unrestrained daffodils opened up today for Easter.

I had all sorts of plan for a "ant versus grasshopper" sort of post today, but I received word via Facebook that Jack is lost from his home in Ithaca, so the joy is really off this day now. The photo of my instruments below was going to be the "grasshopper" part of my work versus play post. But frankly, I started playing again because to play an instrument means you can't think of anything else. I love rescuing cats, but it wasn't enough to detach myself from thinking about my ex. While cleaning, driving, trapping, combing, etc. I was always thinking about it. You can't think about such things when you are playing. And the cat rescue itself brings pain, at unexpected times. And because I won't let myself cry anymore over being abandoned, I do find I cry about other things (more worthy things). So I need something else that is simple in itself, but takes every bit on concentration, and takes away any kind of grief, for a little while at least.



Come home safely, Jack, and all cats that are lost or abandoned.

1 comment:

GD said...

After my divorce (found out he was cheating with pretty much 1/2 the world...etc), I too found that I cried over other things...things that were sad but that use to never make me cry. It has been 4 years now. All I can say is that I am soooooooo happy he is gone. My life is so much happier and more fullfilling. I thought I loved him, but I realized that I loved who he use to be - the guy I married - not the person he had become.

I guess what I am trying to tell you, is that it feels sad and devastating right now...but when you replace those "parts" that he took with him....your life will be glorious and you will just be indifferent toward him/the past.

You WILL be just fine...the best revenge is living well.

Hugs!