Saturday, April 3, 2010

Just me, my mandolin, and my mutt



...and my netbook, and my digital camera, and a cat or two...

What a beautiful morning! After weeks of travel and generally not-feeling-relaxed, I have this gift of a Saturday before Easter that is sunny and warm. Two guys stopped by during the week asking to pick up all the miscellaneous metal in my fields, and did such a good job I have this vicarious feeling of accomplishment as I sit here on my porch gazing over a junk-free (mostly) property. They took every teeny-tiny piece of crap--not just big piecesthat have a lot of weight value. Before coming to my door, they even crawled down into the gorge up Morfit Road and hauled out all the old hot water heaters, etc. that people have dumped down there. They were smart young men to not ask permission first, since I would have had to tell them "no" for liability reasons. I took a walk up yesterday with Molly (too bad old tires aren't worth money) and could not believe what they managed to haul out. I guess now I have no excuse not to fish out all those tires on my own.

After my cup of coffee and some doodling around on my porch with the mandolin, it's time to go spend some serious hours with the cats and fill their window boxes with pansies I scooped up in a hurry when I was in Ithaca picking up Faith yesterday. The goldfinches have joined the chickadees at the birdfeeders. I can hear the blackbirds and the phoebes.

I so love living out here.

3 comments:

Chrissykat said...

I adore pansies. Have a wonderful holiday weekend...eat jellybeans.

"Thanks Easter Bunny! Bock Bock!"

las794 said...

Your place sounds beautiful. Have a nice, peaceful weekend! :)

Anonymous said...

Hey Susan, you can stack those tires, fill with dirt, straw/leaves and plant potatoes! At the end of the summer, knock them over and watch the taters tumble out!

Alice