Thursday, March 1, 2012

Weekend is coming...

More trash relief! I found a husband-wife business who will come haul away the one pickup truck load of construction type junk I have in my lower barn that can't go in the dumpster. There's a big roll of carpet, some cut up rolls of carpet, old cat trees, and an old cat shelter.

Once that is out of there I can have a load of washed crushed stone brought in to cover the dirt section of the floor. After I get the buckets of old motor oil hauled to the hazardous waste place in Binghamton, the bottom of the barn will be in good shape.

What a relief! I have been putting off trying to find someone to haul away junk because I was worried it might end up getting tipped off in the woods. But these folks do have a permit for a transfer station, and sound like a legitimate business.

While they are here I'll find out if they have the know-how to get the tiller started this spring. If they do, I'll have them back to show me how so perhaps this year I can get the catnip in. Who knows how long it will take to get the farm on the market and sold, so I thought if it turned out I could not sell the dried catnip, I could at least gift it to the many people who make catnip toys for animals shelters.

Spring is coming.

No comments: