Tuesday, December 13, 2011

Digging out


I have Wed and Thursday off. I work Friday, then have Saturday-Tuesday off.

I'm not sure I can cope with so much time off in a row! Not to mention the upcoming holidays. I have to make sure I don't let these days slip by. I have kittens who need homes, and projects throughout the house that need to get finished. I've been tripping over lumber in the upstairs hall, and yards of fleece for winter curtains, for weeks---nay, months.

There are also tasks in the cat facility. If Faith sticks in her new home, I plan to move Arthur's big cage into the cat room where it is warmer. If I can find a home for Gawaine, then I would only need to heat the run room and the cat room. I would need to put a cat door in the vestibule door, so when the cats are at liberty they can go into the unheated section.

But first and foremost, the kittens need to get re-homed. The activity level in the house is way too high, and frankly, the senior cats are miserable. I've had eight cats before, but never three young cats at once.

I haven't received a single inquiry about them, which is absolutely out of character for this close to Christmas. Normally I am flooded with emails from people who want to get a family member a gift cat.

I have a creative idea to get them some more publicity. I won't share it now, but I hope to before the end of this weekend.

Tommy, Jewel, and Arthur are off to the veterinarian on Thursday. Tommy especially needs a special home--preferably with no other cats. He just wants to be someone's one-and-only.

One more trip out to the cat facility and then to bed.

1 comment:

Sharyn Ekbergh said...

Love the owl print. Is it new?
I do hope you'll find homes for the cats.Having too many does create relationship issues. We have had an interesting time with a litter box problem with Harper. I think Ramona is telling him he can't use any of the boxes to poop in. I have currently solved it by putting a box in his room and putting him in there after he has dinner. He gets agitated when he has to go and will hiss at me, but after he has safely done his business without interference from She Who Must Be Obeyed, he is a happy boy.
I put in a Feliway device also to help keep things calm. I hope things get back to normal with this routine.